For Patients and Loved Ones
During this time, guidelines may have changed but NHNHRMC remains ready to serve our community. Whether you are a patient or loved one, we want you to feel comfortable coming to us for services you need and be able to support your loved ones.
If you are experiencing an emergency
Call 911 or go to your nearest Emergency Department.
Even if your emergency is not related to COVID-19, extra safety precautions are in place to help limit any possible exposure while in the healthcare setting.
If you are a patient coming for treatment
We know COVID-19 may have changed how you would normally expect your medical visit to go. But your health is important to us, and we are here to make sure you receive the treatment and care you need.
- Stay in touch with your primary care and specialty care teams. MyChart can be a great way to stay connected.
- Be sure to ask questions or report any concerns as you normally would.
- Novant Health Physician Group providers have added virtual visit options.
- If you need to see your provider in person to receive care, enhanced safety procedures have been put in place.
- For mental health resources, visit NHNHRMC’s Healthy Dose blog: Addressing Mental Health During a Global Pandemic.
If you are a loved one or caregiver
We know that patients in the hospital may need extra support. NHNHRMC has created guidelines to create the safest environment for our community.
Personal Belongings for Hospitalized Patients
NHNHRMC is allowing the dropping off of some necessary and essential items to inpatients. Only the following items will be accepted and delivered to our patients:
- Hearing Aid(s)
Cell phone (and charger)
Process for Dropping Off Items to Patients in the Main Hospital
- Items being dropped off must be placed in a clear plastic zip-lock bag labeled with the patient's name, delivery person's name and contact number
- Accepted items in correctly labeled bag must be brought to the Main Entrance at the 17th Street campus
- Any items not labeled correctly will not be accepted
For Novant Health New Hanover Rehabilitation Hospital Patients
- The person delivering necessary items is required to make an appointment to schedule drop off with staff (usually a case manager)
- Patients are asked to have two (2) sets of clothing and shoes appropriate for participating in therapy
- Clothes will be washed before being given to the patient