Visitation Requirements and Exceptions
If the patient has COVID-19 or may have been exposed may have a visit by community clergy at the patient or family’s request. The clergy must:
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Leave the building immediately after their visit
All patients except those with COVID-19 or who are patients under investigation for COVID-19, may have one overnight visitor. All hospital visitors must:
- Be 12 or older
- Be Healthy
- Pass a COVID-19 screening.
- Properly wear a mask at all times.
- No visitors are permitted in the emergency department waiting room with adult patients unless the patient is over 65 or is clearly in need of a support person (ex. Communication or other special needs). Individual facilities have the discretion to adjust based on spacing and ability to adhere to social distancing. Once the patient is in a treatment room, he or she may have 1 visitor.
Inpatient, Critical Care and NICU/Pediatric Patients
- Allowed two visitors per day. No switching out is permitted; visitors must be the same two people per day.
Obstetric and Labor and Delivery Patients
- Allowed one support person per day, and no switching out is permitted. These patients may also have a certified doula in addition to the one support person.
Behavioral Health Hospital is not allowing visitors at this time.
- Please speak with a BHH team member if you have any questions.
Exceptions may continue to be granted in special circumstances, such as end-of-life care.
This guidance remains in place to protect our patients, team members and visitors and to reduce the likelihood for anyone to encounter or inadvertently spread COVID-19 in our facilities. As a reminder, all visitors must be 12 or older, healthy, pass COVID-19 screening questions and wear a mask while onsite.
We encourage friends and family members of our patients to consider using phone calls or video chats to communicate with their loved ones. We also encourage patients to ask their health care provider for specific guidance for their area before inviting visitors to our facilities.