NHRMC Credentialed Providers
If you are an MD, DO, PA, NP, DDS, or DPM who is credentialed through the NHRMC Medical Staff Office then please use this link instead:
Credentialed Volunteer Vaccinator Form
As New Hanover Regional Medical Center pursues the goal of improving the health of our community, our need for volunteers continues to grow. A prime example is our Vaccine Clinics that have been temporarily set up to help distribute Covid-19 vaccines to our community.
This historic effort requires the assistance of many people and we are looking for clinicians with active licenses, credentials, and qualifications to help us in this endeavor.
Whether you have a clinical background and want to help vaccinate, or you are non-clinical and want to help with a wide variety of tasks at our vaccine clinics, we welcome you to click the Community Volunteer Application link below to get started. Once you complete the application, a member of our team will process your application and email you with next steps to complete the mandatory background check, which could take up to three business days to complete.
Once all the necessary application steps are completed, you will be emailed a link to sign up for volunteer shifts. We ask that you contribute at least one six-hour shift as one of our community volunteers. This commitment will help us vaccinate our community against the spread of Covid-19 as quickly as possible.
If you are interested in being a vaccinator at one of our clinics, you must be an MD, DO, PharmD, PA, NP, RN, LPN, Paramedic, AEMT, EMT, MA, DVM, DDS or DMD with an active license in North Carolina.
Community Volunteer Application
Clinical Program Students
If you are student in a clinical program, you do not need to fill out a volunteer application. Please work with your clinical supervisor to sign up for a shift.
Non-Clinical Community Volunteer Opportunities
If you are a member of our community without a clinical qualification but would still like to help in our vaccine clinics, here are some of the non-clinical volunteer positions we will be needing in the future:
- Documenter – Verifies and enters vaccine recipient data in electronic medical record
- Outside Flow Facilitator – Assists patients from registration to clinic entry. Must be able to stand and be outdoors for duration of shift
- Registration – Checks patients in at box office at a rapid pace
- Temperature Greeter – Checks patient temperature as they enter clinic. Must be able to stand for the duration of shift
- Inside Flow Facilitator – Directs patients to next available station. Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Post Monitor – Monitors post-vaccine patients and notifies clinical staff as needed; cleans and sanitizes as needed. Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift
- Floater – Fills in assigned areas. Must be able to stand/walk for duration of shift
If you are interested in any of these roles, please fill out the community volunteer application, and a member of our team will contact you to complete the mandatory background check.
All staff, volunteers and students helping at the clinic must wear a mask for the duration of their shift.
Thanks to the overwhelming response from our community so far, it may be several weeks before a volunteer shift becomes available. Community volunteers who have completed the application process will receive emails as the need for volunteers increases.