Join Our Team
Explore our current openings and see if there's one that's right for you.
Thank you for your interest in exploring educational opportunities with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Below is a list of the documentation and training you will need to complete prior to your start.
Employee Health Requirements
- 2 measles/mumps/rubella vaccinations or positive antibody titer
- Flu shot
- History of chicken pox (documentation required) or 2 varicella immunizations
- TB skin test (PPD within the past year) or chest x-ray
- Tetanus vaccination within the last 10 years
- 3 Hepatitis B vaccinations or a signed declination statement
- 9 panel urine drug screen within the practicum semester
These results will need to be completed prior to the start of the student's educational experience either with your current university/college or the student may contact our Employee Health Services and make an appointment to complete all of these health requirements.
Employee Health Services department: 910-667-7445
Hours of Operation: 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
Cost: $30.00 for drug screen
- Criminal background check to include:
- Criminal conviction report,state and federal, minimum of 7 prior years
- Social security match
- Maiden name search
- Professional liability insurance
- AHA BLS CPR Certification (clinical students)
- Purchase of student badge ($15.00) - [New Student Badge Parking Form]
The criminal background check may be obtained by the current university/college. If not, then the student is responsible for the criminal background check. There are several websites where the search can be completed. The student would then need to provide the website address and their password to the department manager for review and approval of the information.
These documents must be provided to the manager of the area where the student will be assigned prior to the student beginning their educational experience at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.
Educational Institution Checklist
The Educational Institution Checklist will be provided to the Educational Institution by the department manager/designee for each student. This form must be completed, signed and returned to the department before the student presents to the Medical Center for their educational experience. The student will be responsible for all areas not marked as completed by the educational institution.
Online Orientation for Students
Once you have completed reviewing the CBL (computer-based learning) module, you must complete the test and pass with a minimum of 90% (there are 18 questions).
Upon passing the test, you will be able to print a Certificate of Completion.
- Nursing students should submit their Certificate of Completion to their Clinical Education Specialist (includes RNs, NAs, LPNs) or to their department manager/designee for the ambulatory affiliates of NHRMC
- Allied health and support services students should submit this to their manager/director or designee at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Schools should maintain a copy as part of the student's file and the original document should be retained in the student's department file
Hourly Rounding and AIDET Competencies
When a student begins their education experience at New Hanover Regional Medical Center, they will be required to complete an Hourly Rounding (Nursing Students) or AIDET (Allied Health or Support Services Students) competency.
Nursing Students: Will be validated by their nursing instructor.
Allied Health or Non-Nursing Students: Complete the AIDET competency CBL. Validation must be completed before the first day of their educational experience. Students should submit the Certificate of Completion to their manager/director or designee at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.