Join Our Team
Explore our current openings and see if there's one that's right for you.
Thank you for your interest in exploring educational opportunities with New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Below is a list of the documentation and training you will need to complete prior to your start.
Immunizations & TB Screening
- MMR: two doses or titers for Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, and Rubella.
- Varicella: two doses or titer for Varicella.
- Hepatitis B: Energix-B or Recombivax HB three dose series (at 0, 1 month, and 6 months); Heplisav-B two dose series at least four weeks apart; or HepA-HepB three dose series; or titer for Hepatitis B.
- Td/Tdap: Td booster every 10 years and one-time dose of Tdap as soon as possible if individual has not received Tdap previously (regardless of when previous dose of Td was received).
- Tuberculosis (TB) Requirements: https://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/testing/healthcareworkers.htm
- Baseline Individual TB Risk Assessment including TB symptom evaluation AND Initial TB/PPD: Two-step PPD within the last 12 months (2nd PPD administered 1-3 weeks after 1st PPD is read) or a TB Blood Test with program admission or readmission.
- Students with positive TB skin test in the past, due to TB exposure/infection or BCG vaccination, a chest x-ray within the last 5 years is required along with the Baseline Individual TB Risk Assessment and TB symptom evaluation. (Note: If a PPD is positive, chest X-ray should be negative for TB disease and individual asymptomatic for TB).
- Annual Tuberculosis Risk Assessment and Attestation Form: Download TB Attestation Form
COVID-19 Vaccine- Complete vaccination series of any of the three vaccine products:
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) – Single dose
- Pfizer-BioNTech – Two doses, 21 days apart
- Moderna – Two doses, 28 days apart
- Influenza: current seasonal vaccination for rotations from October-April
Background Check & Drug Screen. The criminal background check and the drug screen are the student’s responsibility and expense. Most schools have established contracts or processes for students to get criminal background checks and drug screens.
- The background check must include Criminal records check (CRC) includes a nationwide check in each state for the past 7 years based on the student’s security number and address history. The check also must include sex offender and OIG.
- The drug screen must include the following 10 drugs 1) AMP amphetamine 2) BAR barbiturates 3) BZP benzodiazepines 4) COC cocaine 5) METH methamphetamines 6) MTD methadone 7) OPI opiates 8) OXY oxycodone 9) PCP phencyclidine 10) THC marijuana
Educational Institution Checklist
The Educational Institution Checklist will be provided to the Educational Institution by the department manager/designee for each student. This form must be completed, signed and returned to the department before the student presents to the Medical Center for their educational experience. The student will be responsible for all areas not marked as completed by the educational institution.
Online Orientation for Students
Once you have completed reviewing the CBL (computer-based learning) module, you must complete the test and pass with a minimum of 90% (there are 18 questions).
Upon passing the test, you will be able to print a Certificate of Completion.
- Nursing students should submit their Certificate of Completion to their Clinical Education Specialist (includes RNs, NAs, LPNs) or to their department manager/designee for the ambulatory affiliates of NHRMC
- Allied health and support services students should submit this to their manager/director or designee at New Hanover Regional Medical Center
- Schools should maintain a copy as part of the student's file and the original document should be retained in the student's department file
Hourly Rounding and AIDET Competencies
When a student begins their education experience at New Hanover Regional Medical Center, they will be required to complete an Hourly Rounding (Nursing Students) or AIDET (Allied Health or Support Services Students) competency.
Nursing Students: Will be validated by their nursing instructor.
Allied Health or Non-Nursing Students: Complete the AIDET competency CBL. Validation must be completed before the first day of their educational experience. Students should submit the Certificate of Completion to their manager/director or designee at New Hanover Regional Medical Center.