Pink Ribbon Project
Pink Ribbon Project Events through the NHRMC Foundation help make free mammograms possible for women in need. Consider supporting this life-saving effort.
We want you to have regular mammograms to protect your health. Mammograms are an important part of breast health and help to detect breast cancer early – when it is most treatable.
If you do not have health insurance and cannot afford a mammogram, the Pink Ribbon Project of the New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) Foundation can help.
How To Get a Mammogram Voucher
To qualify for a mammogram voucher:
- You must meet certain financial criteria and be uninsured.
- See a doctor for a clinical breast exam, and get an order for a mammogram.
- Ask your doctor’s office if they offer mammogram vouchers, or call (910) 667-8297 to find out if you qualify.
- If a mammogram detects an abnormality and you need other tests to find out if you need treatment, the NHRMC Foundation Pink Ribbon Project may also cover those tests.
Where To Have the Mammogram
You can redeem your mammogram voucher at one of these locations:
- NHRMC Health & Diagnostics locations, (910) 667-8777