Please read the following from our employee occupational health (EOH) team.
The holiday season is here, and we all look forward to getting together with friends and loved ones. Unfortunately, the latest COVID-19 surge due to the omicron variant is infecting hundreds of thousands of our fellow Americans every day. While we have been hoping that the worst of the pandemic is behind us, we find ourselves needing to double down to fight back. Below are some strategies we all need to keep in mind as we celebrate the holidays:
- Get your booster dose of an mRNA (Moderna or Pfizer) vaccine NOW if you have not done so yet and you are eligible for it. This is the most important proactive move you can take to protect yourself and your at-risk friends and family.
- If you previously received the Janssen (J&J) vaccine, the CDC now recommends receiving a Pfizer or Moderna booster.
- You can schedule an appointment for your COVID-19 booster dose through MyChart.
- Congregating with others who are fully vaccinated and boosted is safest. If unvaccinated guests will be in attendance, ask them to get tested two days or so before the event and not to attend if they are positive.
- Anyone who is showing any signs of COVID-19, influenza or an upper respiratory infection should not attend any holiday gatherings or events.
- If you have had a close contact COVID-19 exposure within 14 days of the event, get tested shortly before the event.
- Remember that masking, social distancing and hand hygiene are very effective in preventing COVID-19 should you have an unknown exposure.
- By taking these steps, we can help ensure that we all have a safe and joyous holiday season.