If you are new to Medicare, it is easy to become overwhelmed by the different options. Understanding the difference between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage is essential. The New Hanover Health Advantage (NHHA) team wants you to have all the information you need to help you or your loved ones choose the right coverage.
When it comes to Original Medicare, you become eligible when you turn 65; or, you may become eligible at a younger age if you are disabled or have been diagnosed with end-stage renal disease. For Medicare Advantage plans, you are eligible if you entitled to Medicare Part A and are enrolled in Medicare Part B. For NHHA plans, you must also live in New Hanover, Brunswick or Pender county to be eligible for our plans.
What They Offer
Original Medicare is offered by the federal government and includes two parts:
• Part A – which includes coverage for inpatient hospital care, skilled nursing facility care, hospice care and home health
• Part B – which includes coverage for outpatient care from doctors and other healthcare providers, home health care, durable medical equipment, and many preventative services
Medicare Advantage plans, also called Medicare Part C, are provided by licensed insurance companies and provide all the benefits of Original Medicine (Part A and Part B) along with additional bundled benefits, usually including a prescription drug plan. For example, New Hanover Health Advantage’s Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plans include:
• Prescription drug coverage
• Worldwide emergency coverage
• Non-emergency medical transportation
• $0 preventive dental benefits
• Routine eye exams and coverage
• $300 fitness club allowance
• Hearing aid discount
Our plans also limit your out-of-pocket costs each year and are available for monthly premiums of either $0 or $45, depending on which plan you choose.
For a more detailed, side-by-side comparison of Original Medicare versus the benefits of a New Hanover Health Advantage Medicare Advantage and Prescription Drug plan, click here.
Want to find out more? Connect with our local, licensed agent, Kathryn “Katie” Sarkorh in any of the following ways:
• Visit Katie at the NHRMC Business Center, first floor
• Click here to schedule a one-on-one [link to https://calendly.com/katiea-davis/nhha-prospectivemember-meeting?month=2020-11]
• Call her directly at 910.667.6442, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Learn more about our plans at www.NewHanoverHealthAdvantage.com. And don’t forget – the annual enrollment period ends December 7!