Our EFC members have been enjoying outdoor workouts and the Summer Fun series, but we know you are eager to work out inside the Employee Fitness Center. Governor Cooper announced Phase 2.5, easing COVID-19 restrictions that will allow NHRMC’s Employee Fitness Center to reopen with limited capacity and hours of operation.
Beginning Saturday, September 12, the EFC will be open 5 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, and 5 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Friday. There is a limit of 50 members allowed in the indoor fitness facility at one time.
To help members plan their visits, the EFC has posted a real-time people counter on its website at NHRMC.org/EFC. The counter shows how many members are using the facility at the current time. If the counter reads 50/50, check back later for another opportunity to visit the gym.
Outdoor classes and programs and virtual classes will continue. Massages are available, and dietitians will meet with clients virtually.
When you come to the EFC:
- Arrive in your workout attire, as locker rooms and showers will not be available (bathrooms are open).
- Fill out the new release on the electronic signature pad.
- Go through screening and orientation.
- Limit your workout to one hour.
- Wear your mask at all times.
- Maintain 6-foot spacing as marked on the gym floor.
- Wipe down all equipment using cleaning solution and cloth supplied upon entry.
Additional Safety Measures:
The EFC team has been working with Infection Prevention and Control to make the environment as safe as possible and comply with state guidelines.
- EVS staff will deep clean facility and equipment after hours.
- Plexiglass has been installed at the service desk.
- EFC staff will monitor for capacity limits, social distancing and cleaning
- Children under 16 will not be permitted
- Guests passes will not be earned or redeemed
- Childcare will not be provided
- Personal trainers will not have indoor session for the first 2-3 weeks.
NHRMC suspended the low contributions members make to help support the operation of the EFC in March, while still paying the expenses needed to maintain the building and support staff who offered free programming throughout the closure. Memberships will be re-activated, and your contributions will resume on October 8. We encourage you to support the re-opening by maintaining your membership. Use the facilities to pursue health and wellness, and support the EFC staff as we move toward expanded use of the facility.