12 p.m. Tuesday, August 4
Hurricane Isaias has passed through the area after making landfall at Ocean Isle Beach just after 11 p.m. last night with 85 mph winds.
- The storm left power outages and downed trees across the region, blocking many roads. Some of our ambulatory practices were unable to open today due to power outages.
- The Command Center is now closed.
- The Main Entrance at NHRMC, which was blocked earlier, will reopen by 12:30 p.m. We remain on visitor restriction due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- The employee shuttle will not run today, and will resume Wednesday.
- Because Orthopedic Hospital, Pender Memorial Hospital, and Atlantic SurgiCenter remain on generator power, all procedures and surgeries scheduled today for those locations are postponed. We plan to resume procedures at NHRMC early this afternoon.
- Crews are assessing all other locations. See NHRMC.org for a list of locations that are closed today.
Free hot lunch is being served today for storm team staff.
11 am – 3 pm
Clean Sleep Spaces
Please help clean all sleep spaces so we can resume normal operations as quickly as possible. Throw out trash and deflate your air mattress.
Return mattresses to:
- PMH: Education Classroom
- OH: 3rd Floor
Surgical Pavilion Lobby
Service Level Hallway between Zimmer and W&C Hospital
Masks and Badges Required
It is mandatory that staff wear masks and their badges when in NHRMC facilities. Unless you are eating, you should have your mask on and covering your nose and mouth. We need to continue to take every precaution against COVID-19.
The NC Department of Transportation has a website that lists some road conditions. Visit https://drivenc.gov/