Pender Memorial Hospital, including its skilled nursing facility, has released the following guidelines for visitors to help protect the community:
• No visitors age 12 and under are permitted.
• Each patient is limited to two (2) adult visitors at a time, except in the Emergency Department, where the patient is limited to one (1) visitor at a time.
• Do not visit if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever and cough, until 48 hours after your symptoms are gone.
• Visitation hours will be limited to between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
• To protect our patients and community, the Pender Memorial Hospital Skilled Nursing facility is following the state’s recommendation to restrict visitation unless involving end-of-life care or an emergent situation. In those cases, visitors will still be screened to ensure the visit will not put residents at risk.
Meanwhile, outside groups that have visited the hospital in the past have been notified not to come.