There are currently no confirmed cases of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in New Hanover County. New Hanover Regional Medical Center (NHRMC) is closely monitoring the situation and is prepared to respond if COVID-19 reaches this area.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, please follow these guidelines.
Guidance for Travelers
If you have traveled to an area where COVID-19 is present within the last 14 days and have symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath):
- Contact your healthcare provider or the NC Coronavirus Helpline at 866-462-3821 for guidance
- Before visiting an emergency department, walk-in clinic, urgent care or other healthcare provider's office, you must call ahead so that they can plan safety precautions to prevent the spread of infection during your visit
New Hanover Regional Medical Center has released the following guidelines for visitors to any NHRMC hospital facility to help protect our community:
- No visitors age 12 and under are permitted.
- Each patient is limited to two (2) adult visitors at a time except in the Emergency Department where the patient is limited to one (1) adult visitor at a time.
- Do not visit if you have flu-like symptoms, including fever and cough, until 48 hours after your symptoms are gone.
- As always, please sanitize your hands often.
Information about the COVID-19 testing process:
- Tests for COVID-19 are not performed at NHRMC locations
- Patients will first be tested for other respiratory illnesses such as the flu, RSV, and pneumonia
- If other illnesses are ruled out, and there is concern of COVID-19 by the provider, specimens will be sent to the state lab for further testing