New Hanover Regional Medical Center has reopened for visitors as of 10 a.m. Friday, Sept. 6, 2019. Visitor restrictions have also been lifted at NHRMC Orthopedic Hospital and Pender Memorial Hospital.
To help protect the safety of patients and visitors during Hurricane Dorian, NHRMC closed all non-emergency entrances at 8 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4.
The following outpatient locations will open Friday to serve walk-in patients:
• New Hanover Medical Group 16th Street Office: Open 12pm-5pm, 1960 S. 16th Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
• NHRMC Express Care - Autumn Hall: Open 12 pm- 8 pm, 510 Carolina Bay Drive, Wilmington-Autumn Hall. Express Care will resume normal operations Saturday 9/7/19 at 8am-8pm.
• Coastal Family Medicine: Open 12pm – 5pm, 2523 Delaney Avenue, Wilmington, NC 28401
• NHRMC Physician Specialists – Internal Medicine: Open 12pm-5pm, 1725 New Hanover Medical Park Drive, Wilmington, NC 28401
• NHRMC Urgent Care – Wallace: Open 12 pm - 8 pm, 112 Medical Village Dr., Wallace, NC 28466
All other NHRMC Physician Group sites remain closed and will resume normal operations at 8 a.m. Monday.
NHRMC urges caution during post storm clean-up.
Here are some tips for staying safe after the storm:
• While cleaning up debris, it's important to make sure that you refrain from performing tasks that you're unfamiliar with. If possible, seek help from individuals who are experienced with construction or similar work. It is especially important to avoid heights to prevent the potential of falls. These guidelines also pertain to repairing structures. Do not use power tools of other heavy equipment if you are inexperienced in doing so.
• A common hazard after hurricanes is animals. Be aware that there may be wild animals such as snakes that have been displaced by flood waters or have taken refuge in areas they would commonly not be found and use caution while clearing debris or entering areas that have been opened to the elements.
• Along these lines, it is also important to avoid wading through flood waters. In addition to post-storm drainage, bacteria, and other hazards within the water, it is often impossible to see sharp objects or other dangerous items covered by murky waters.
• A major danger after a hurricane is downed power lines. These lines can pose a fatal hazard even if they look like they aren't live. Please avoid touching them, walking over them, or driving over them.