Food & Nutrition Services will launch the CaterTrax platform on Monday, June 17, replacing the Netcatering and Eventmaster systems.
CaterTrax will be available via the “Featured Applications” dropdown on CapsLive.
CaterTrax features a more intuitive interface for ease of use and has multiple modules built into one platform, eliminating the need for other systems. Modules include room reservations, catering, floorstock and a food to-go functionality.
Room Reservations in CaterTrax
- The Food and Nutrition Services team will begin transferring room reservations into CaterTrax from Netcatering on June 17 and will focus on the first couple weeks, then complete each month in sequence to stay ahead.
- While Food & Nutrition Services is transferring existing reservations, there will be a blackout period on reserving new rooms for the next 3 weeks starting June 17. If they complete the work earlier and can lift the blackout period, they will notify users that the platform is available to use without restrictions.
Catering in CaterTrax
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Phelps at 667.7491 or [email protected].
- Existing catering orders that were booked for the week of June 17-21 will be honored using the old menu. Contact Susan Phelps if there are special circumstances for your events.
- If you would like to order catering for the week starting June 24, you will do so in the new CaterTrax menu, which will be available starting Wednesday, June 19 at the earliest. To help Food & Nutrition Services manage the workload of transferring room reservations, catering orders will be limited to no more than 14 days in advance until this work is completed.
- The new system has a built-in 72 hour restriction on placing orders and this does not include weekends. e.g. orders placed on Friday cannot be for Monday or Tuesday.
- Room Setups: Please call Environmental Services ext. 2580 as you do currently for any setup needs
- Access to launch CaterTrax will be via Capslive “Featured Applications”