It’s about to get real at the Jack Barto Center for Employee Fitness. Our teams are ready to help you achieve your goals, both in fitness and nutrition, and the time is now!
The 21 Day Whole Body Reset kickoff on January 16 and 17 begins a furious couple of weeks of opportunities, where you can find the classes and programs that will help you achieve your goals of health and wellness.
Here’s what’s coming up:
- 12 to Life: Dozens of NHRMC employees have transformed their lives, and for many of them, their journey began with 12 to Life. It’s a 12-week program that will gently introduce you to the EFC and all that it has to offer. If you’ve never felt comfortable at the gym, but you really want to get healthier, this is the program for you. The kickoff is Saturday, January 19, so sign up today.
- Weight Loss Challenge: If you are looking to lose weight, this is a great opportunity. You’ll have access to our trainers for regular workouts and coaching, plus you’ll have the support of your peers and teammates. Starts Jan. 18.
- FITastic Kids: Start your kids on the path to a healthy life with the help of our energetic trainers. Starts Jan. 19.
- Spartan Warriors Group: If you've ever wondered if you could do an obstacle race (hint: yes, you can!), you can join the Spartan workouts on January 19 (although homework is already being assigned). You’ll find out that no obstacle is insurmountable when you have the support of such an encouraging group. Find them on Yammer or Facebook for more details.
- More Yammer Groups: You can also receive weekly workouts from EFC trainers in the Running Group and Moms & Fitness on Yammer.
- Group Fitness Classes: Check out the schedule for daily group classes, from yoga to zumba to boxing to boot camp. These are offered year-round. Challenge yourself to try something new.
The NHRMC dietitians have been busy in the teaching kitchen testing tons of tasty new recipes to help you have a healthy, inspired start to 2019. You’re invited to join a fun healthy eating program that may help you reach your health goals this year:
- 21-Day Whole Body Reset Program: Join us for a carefully guided 21 days of clean eating that may jump start you into reaching your health goals. Vegan plans are available!
- 4-Week Healthy Food Prep Series: Each week we will explore creative, budget-conscious ways to prepare a new meal. Our motto is “Cook once, eat 5 times!”
- 8-Week Healthy Cooking Series: In this series participants learn the basics of healthy eating and cooking in a hands-on and practical way. Each week enjoy a healthy meal and new recipes to take home and try.
- Grocery Store Tours: NHRMC’s grocery store tours are designed to take the question mark out of healthy eating. If you have a health condition you’re trying to improve or are just looking to enhance your diet, a grocery store tour is for you.
- Healthy Kitchen Appliances Workshop: Learn the health benefits of the Instant Pot, Air Fryer and Ninja blenders. We will whip up some new tasty recipes while teaching you the basics of how to use these new appliances. Rent them here for free!
- Other exciting one time cooking classes and programs:
- Don’t forget that all NHRMC employees and their dependents get free one-on-one visits with the Wellness Dietitians. Meet with us for an individualized plan and maybe some accountability, too. To schedule please call 667-4013.
NHRMC is dedicated to Making Healthier Happen in 2019. We are taking the message into the community, and we can start by making good decisions about our own health.