The December issue of Compliance Capsules covers certain safeguards all NHRMC employees and volunteers should take when discussing patient health information:
1) Avoid using patients’ names in public hallways, public areas and elevators.
2) Always lock computer monitors before walking away.
3) Turn monitors away from public, whenever space permits.
4) Ensure no one follows you into secured areas.
5) Lower your tone when requesting or discussing protected health information, particularly if you work near waiting areas, open areas, registration areas, etc.
Click here to read Compliance Capsules
in its entirety and take the quiz to win movie tickets!