The deadline is approaching to apply for a North Carolina Hospital Association Hurricane Florence relief grant. If you suffered damage to your home as a result of Hurricane Florence, regardless of whether you have received any assistance so far from insurance, FEMA or our own hurricane relief funds, you may fill out a request.
The NCHA is offering grant awards to individual hospital employees who had damage. To qualify for these funds, you must have:
- Sustained significant damage or loss of primary residence as a result of the hurricane. This includes homeowners and renters.
- Worked at least 90 days at either NHRMC, NHRMC Physicians Group, Pender Memorial Hospital or NHRMC Home Care immediately prior to the loss or damage
- Proof of loss, either from an insurance claim or an application for FEMA for assistance. This would include the amount of loss. If you have already sought assistance from Human Resources for hurricane relief and provided that documentation, then HR will be able to provide it for this claim. Just indicate that HR has the information.
One application per household will be considered.
If you believe you qualify, please fill out this form – and make sure a witness signs it.
Deliver completed forms to Iris Baker before Monday, December 17. There are multiple ways to deliver this form:
- Scan the form and email it to [email protected]
- Fax the form to HR’s confidential line: 667.5969
- Deliver it to Iris Baker’s office at the Business Annex
Please have all the forms returned by Monday, December 17. Ask Scott Whisnant, Iris Baker or HR if you have any questions about this fund.
Supervisors – please make sure your staff see this email and the attached form.