"Alexa, enable NHRMC."
Over the past few years, interactive smart speakers have become a growing tech trend, and Amazon is leading the way with over 20 million home devices sold. By following simple verbal commands, Amazon’s voice-activated personal assistant can help keep you connected to the news, play music, control your smart home, or order a pizza. And now your Amazon Echo or Dot can provide you details about NHRMC, courtesy of the NHRMC Amazon Skill.
Recently developed by the Information Services team, the NHRMC Amazon Skill will allow users to access designated features including;
- Parking information
- Visitor information
- Lost and found information
- Essential items for a hospital visit (both an emergency and planned visit)
- Important phone numbers
- Information on paying your bills and viewing medical records
- Directions to the nearest urgent care
- Information about the NHRMC care team
Anyone who has an Amazon interactive smart speaker can enable the NHRMC skill by prompting their device with the command “Alexa, enable NHRMC.”
The Information Services team will continue to expand this feature as more patients and visitors rely on new technology for information gathering.