WILMINGTON, NC – New Hanover Regional Medical Center is pleased to announce new officers and members of the Board of Trustees for fiscal year 2018. NHRMC appreciates the leadership of its board members and their commitment to improving health care for patients and families in southeastern North Carolina.
“I am grateful to our trustees for their leadership as New Hanover Regional Medical Center embraces and fulfills its mission of leading our community to outstanding health,” said John Gizdic, NHRMC President and CEO. “Our community’s trust in us is a direct reflection of our dedication to providing excellent care and the board’s foresight in making decisions that benefit our patients, employees and our community.”
At the Oct. 24 NHRMC Board of Trustees meeting, James G. Brumit and Robert (Tony) McGhee were appointed as new members of the 18-member board for their experience and expertise in their fields and community outreach.
“We are pleased to welcome our newest board members and I am honored to serve as chairman as we work to further the mission of New Hanover Regional Medical Center,” said Robert (Bobby) Greer, NHRMC Board of Trustees Chairman. “The board’s range of experience and expertise is a tremendous asset as the trustees bring valuable perspectives to improving the health and wellbeing of our community.”
The FY 2018 NHRMC Board of Trustees are:
• Rhonda Amoroso, JD – Secretary
• John R. (Rod) Andrew
• Barbara Biehner
• James G. Brumit
• Kevin Cannon, MD, Ex Officio – Immediate Past Medical Staff President
• Dana Cook
• Robert Cortina, MD, Ex Officio – Medical Staff President
• Heather Davis, DO, Ex-Officio – Pender Memorial Hospital Medical Staff President
• Brian Eckel – Member at Large
• Jerome Fennell
• Robert (Bobby) Greer – Chairman
• William Hope, MD (Guest, Ex Officio – Medical Staff President Elect)
• Robert (Tony) McGhee
• Richard (Dick) McGraw – Member at Large
• Howard Rockness, PhD – Treasurer
• Jason Thompson – Vice Chairman
• Skip Watkins, Ex Officio – New Hanover County Commissioner Representative
• James (David) Williams, Jr., Ex Officio – Pender Memorial Hospital Board
At the meeting, Steve Crawford, MD, John S. Pace, MD, and Michael (Mike) O. Wilkinson were recognized for their leadership and service as they rotate off the board.