Mission, Vision & Values
Join Our Team
If you share our values, we invite you to explore opportunities to serve our mission.
Mission, Vision & Values of New Hanover Regional Medical Center
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is a team-centered, value-focused, teaching provider of quality health care to all in need of its services.
We are striving to be the best provider of comprehensive healthcare services rendered with value, dignity and respect.
As one of the largest employers and the leading provider of health care in southeastern North Carolina, we believe in the value of life. Our philosophy is to honor and celebrate life through the care we deliver to patients and their families, the service we provide to our physicians, the environment we create for our employees and volunteers, and the attitude we display to all. We embrace the following values:
We will fulfill this mission and vision, and demonstrate these values by:
- Providing quality care and service to our patients, their families, our Medical Staff, employees, and the community while assuring respect and dignity for each individual.
- Maintaining effective and productive use of resources to control costs.
- Ensuring superior leadership, focused on value, and responsibly planning for the future, while protecting and enhancing our existing physical, financial and
- Promoting teamwork, communication and participation in decision-making and recognizing each individual’s contribution.
- Empowering individuals to reach their highest potential while cultivating pride and loyalty by acting as a fair employer and treating others as we like to be treated.
- Providing exceptional educational programs to medical, nursing and allied health professionals and the community at large.
- Establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with those individuals and organizations similarly committed to providing high quality services.
- Maintaining the highest standards of personal and organizational integrity in all activities.