Volunteering at PMH
Pender Memorial Hospital volunteers are a vital part of the Pender Memorial team. More than 25 volunteers serve on the campus of Pender Memorial Hospital. They brighten patients' experiences by adding warmth and a personal touch to what may be a stressful time for patients, their families, and friends. Volunteers also provide valuable assistance to the hospital staff so they can spend more time caring for patients and providing excellent medical care.
Your time and talents would be welcomed on any campus in the network. We hope you consider joining us and experiencing the satisfaction that comes from giving of yourself. For junior volunteer information visit the Pender Memorial Hospital Junior Volunteer Program page.
Volunteers serve in a number of rolls, including:
- Guest Ambassadors - greet patients, visitors and staff, help with directions through the hospital and provide wheelchair assistance when needed.
- Patient Advocate - work closely with, and under the direction of, unit nurse managers providing bedside support to patients.
- Emergency Department Facilitator - serve as a liaison between staff and a patient's family and friends. They will help staff make those waiting as comfortable as possible.
- Gift Depot - sell retail items through hospital gift shop.
- Office Volunteer - assist managers with general office duties
The following are a few of the areas in which they work.
- Skilled Nursing
- Flower Delivery
- Patient Discharge
- Nursing Units
If you are interested in volunteering with Pender Memorial Hospital, then please begin by completing the online PHM volunteer application.
Once your application is complete and has been accepted by the Volunteer Department, you will be asked to complete the online Pender Memorial Hospital Volunteer Orientation.
To Learn More
For more information about volunteering at Pender Memorial Hospital, please contact Tracy Register at (910) 259-5451, ext. 295 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.