PMH Volunteer Placements
Below are some of the areas in which volunteers are making a difference for patients, guests, and staff at Pender Memorial Hospital.
- Guest Ambassador - Volunteers greet patients, visitors and staff. They'll help with directions through the hospital and provide wheelchair assistance when needed.
- Emergency Room Facilitator - Volunteers will help serve as a liaison between staff and a patient's family and friends. They'll help staff to make those waiting as comfortable as possible.
- Patient Advocate Liaison - Volunteers work closely with and under the direction of unit nurse managers providing bedside support to patients.
- Office Assistant Volunteer - Volunteers assist managers with general office duties.
- Gift Cart Volunteer - Volunteers provide retail items through the gift cart.
If you are interested in volunteering at Pender Memorial Hospital, please call 910.259.5451, ext. 285.