Paperless Pay Vouchers
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is proud to do its part to reduce waste and protect the environment. Part of that effort is the elimination of paper pay vouchers. These vouchers are now available to NHRMC employees electronically.
The process is quick and secure. And by using it, NHRMC is saving more than $18,000 in printing and paper supplies each year, as well as the time it takes to deliver the more than 4,500 paychecks printed every two weeks. The hospital is also keeping more than 2,000 pounds of paper from being used each year.
Steps for Accessing Paperless Pay Vouchers
Electronic payroll vouchers are distributed via email and may also be downloaded from a secure website.
- Accessing voucher via email
- Email delivery of vouchers to your NHRMC email account will be automatic; no action is required on your part.
- The attached file will require a password to be opened, which at first will default to the first letters of your first and last names, followed by the first three and last two numbers of your social security number. For example, "Jane Doe" with the social security number "123-45-6789" would have a default password of "JD12389" with no spaces.
- To access your NHRMC email from home, log in to http://mail.nhrmc.org
- Using the web portal:
- The portal may be accessed from any computer on the NHRMC network (not from home)
- Links to the portal can be found:
- In the email that contains your pay voucher
- Within Lawson Employee Self Service
- On CAPSLIVE, under "Web Programs"
- The portal may be used to:
- View and/or print past pay vouchers for paychecks issued on or after September 9, 2010
- Add a secondary personal email address where your voucher can be sent (only the secondary email address may be changed)
- Change the password required to open your email attachments
- If for some reason you have difficulty viewing your pay stub, don't worry. This new system only distributes vouchers and will never affect your direct deposit.
- To ensure convenience and accessibility for all employees, PCs and printers with access to email and the web portal will be placed throughout our Cape Fear and NHRMC campuses.
- There is no need to regularly print your vouchers, though they are available to print at any time for proof of residency or income. And Payroll will make sure they're available if you ever need one - even if you have left the organization.
- Copies of your voucher that have been emailed to you will always be password-protected and can safely be stored on your home or work PC.
- You may also continue to view pay and benefit information using Employee Self Service.
Employees who have trouble accessing their NHRMC email, should contact the Information Services Help Desk.