Paperless Pay Vouchers
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is proud to do its part to reduce waste and protect the environment. As part of this effort, Payroll Services has eliminated paper pay vouchers and now provides employees access to their pay stubs electronically.
The process is quick, secure, and cost effective; NHRMC is saving over $18,000 in printing supplies each year, including more than 2,000 pounds of paper, as well as the time it would take to deliver 5,000+ paychecks every two weeks.
Steps for Accessing Paperless Pay Vouchers
Electronic payroll vouchers are distributed via email and may also be downloaded from a secure website.
- Accessing voucher via email:
- Vouchers will be delivered to your individual NHRMC email account automatically; no action is required on your part.
- A file will be attached with a PDF copy of your pay stub, which will require a password to be opened. The default password will be the First Letter of your First Name, First Letter of your Last Name, First Three Numbers of your Social Security, and Last Two Numbers of your Social Security. For example, "Jane Doe" with the social security number "123-45-6789" would have a default password of "JD12389" with no spaces.
- To access your NHRMC email from home, log in to http://mail.nhrmc.org.
- Accessing voucher via the Lawson web portal:
- Employees can access Lawson at home by logging in to NHRMC Remote Access.
- Lawson can also be accessed from any computer on the NHRMC network. To get to the portal, start on CapsulesLive, click Web Programs on the top menu bar, then choose Laswon from the list of web programs.
- Log in to Lawson using your NHRMC user name and password.
- On the Employee Self Service Dashboard, locate the section titled Pay on the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click on MHC Payroll Vouchers, where you will be prompted to re-enter your NHRMC user name and password.
- Within the portal, you can:
- View and/or print past pay stubs for paychecks issued on or after September 9, 2010.
- Add a secondary personal email address where your voucher can be sent (only the secondary email address may be changed).
- Change the password required to open your email attachments.
- If for some reason you have difficulty viewing your pay stub, don't worry. This new system only distributes vouchers, and it will never affect your direct deposit.
- To ensure convenience and accessibility for all employees, computers and printers with access to email and the web portal are available throughout our Cape Fear and NHRMC campuses.
- There is no need to regularly print your vouchers, though they are available to print at any time for proof of residency or income. Payroll ensures that past vouchers will always be available to you- even if you no longer work for the organization.
- The copies of your voucher that are emailed to you will always be password-protected, and they can be safely stored on your home or work computer.
- You can access more information about payroll and other fiscal services via the Pay section of the Employee Self Service dashboard on Lawson.
Employees who have trouble accessing their NHRMC email or the Lawson web portal, should contact the Information Services Help Desk at (910) 343-7855.