Members of the NHRMC Employee Fitness Center can make appointments for massage therapy at the center. Massage therapists offer body work for a minimal fee of $25 for a 30 minute session or $45 for 60 minutes. Two private massage rooms with changing areas are located within the new addition.
Benefits of Massage Therapy
Research has shown that getting a massage has many physical, emotional and physiological benefits.
- Alleviate back pain, relax injured, tired and overused muscles
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays
- Improve skin condition
- Increase joint flexibility and improve range of motion
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Reduce post surgery adhesions and swelling
- Release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
- Arthritis sufferers note fewer aches and less stiffness and pain
- Burn injury patients report reduced pain, itching, and anxiety
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Enhance sleep quality
- Greater energy
- Improve concentration
- Reduce fatigue
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system
- Improves circulation by pumping oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs
- High blood pressure patients demonstrate lower diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress hormones
- Asthmatics show better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow
- Ease medication dependence
There are a number of massage therapists who offer therapy through the NHRMC Employee Fitness Center. Click here to learn more.
Call 667.4151 or stop by the service desk to make an appointment for massage therapy at the NHRMC Employee Fitness Center.