As is true for any major initiative, it is critical to have organizational leadership closely engaged with the implementation project.
ICD-10 is no different in that all major aspects of healthcare delivery are impacted, from the delivery of patient care through billing and reimbursement.
ICD-10 Leadership Responsibilities
- Understanding business reasons for the program
- Helping to define and approve project objectives and approach
- Monitoring progress via project performance metrics
- Ensuring project is adequately staffed and budgeted
- Resolving critical issues
- Ensuring that project objectives and benefits are realized
- Ensuring that regulatory compliance is achieved
NHRMC's governance structure for the ICD-10 project is as follows: