Diabetes Health Plan
Visit the DHP Document Library to access all current handouts, presentations, research and newsletters!
Diabetes Health Plan Hotline - 667.7777
For more information about the DHP Hotline and individual department extensions, click here.
Important Diabetes Health Plan Documents:
DHP Benefits Summary for 2014
DHP Action Items for 2014
DHP Action Item Completion Form
DHP Enrollment Eligibility Form
Pharmacy Mail Order - BlueCross BlueShield and Prime
Instructions for Registering - BCBSNC and PrimeMail
Prime Therapeutics FAQs
2014 DHP Class Schedule
Explanation of DHP Lab Work Requirements
Understanding Your HRA Results
Questions? Contact: Katherine Bunting, Diabetes Health Plan Administrator - (office) 667.5959, (cell) 336.633.9165, (email) email@example.com
What is the Diabetes Health Plan?
The Diabetes Health Plan is a cost-saving benefit offered to any pre-diabetic or diabetic employee or dependent covered under one of the NHRMC medical plans.
How are participants enrolled?
Participants are enrolled in 1 of 3 ways:
1.) Individuals are enrolled through annual employee Health Risk Assessment results. Any employee with an HbA1c of 5.7% or higher is automatically enrolled in the Diabetes Health Plan. Each person is given 30 days to opt out with no penalty.
2.) Individuals who have already participated in the Diabetes Health Plan by completing necessary action items in previous benefits years are automatically re-enrolled in the Diabetes Health Plan. Each person is given 30 days to opt out with no penalty.
3.) Newly covered employees or dependents may submit an Enrollment Eligibility Form if they want to enroll in the Diabetes Health Plan. Plan benefits are effective on the 1st of the month following the submission of the enrollment form.
What health actions are required?
Managing an ongoing health condition can be challenging. Your health actions will guide your way to better health. To stay in the Diabetes Health Plan, you will need to follow these required health actions:
(1) Two Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) per year: Includes Lipid panel (Cholesterol), HbA1c, fasting glucose and kidney function tests.
(2) Professional services: Regular primary care visits to include a foot exam, follow-up doctor's visit and retinal eye exam.
(3) Individual appointments with a Dietitian or Pharmacist: Depending on HbA1c at the time of the initial Health Risk Assessment (HRA), Diabetic members of the DHP will be required to see a Dietitian and/or Pharmacist quarterly or monthly. To schedule an appointment, contact Dee at 667.5183.
(4) DHP Program Classes: Participants will be required to attend diabetes educational sessions. See the 2014 Diabetes Program Class web page for more details.
What are the Diabetes Health Plan benefits?
In exchange for meeting your health action requirements, you will receive these benefits:
- $0 co-pay for diabetes or pre-diabetes related visits to your primary care provider and specialist
- $0 co-pay for selected diabetes-related medications and supplies
- Wellness programs to help you manage your condition
- Access to educational resources and diabetes-related research on the DHP website
- Reminders for essential screenings and exams
- Support from a team of professionals at NHRMC and BlueCross BlueShield of North Carolina (BCBSNC)