Diabetes Health Plan
NEW!! Diabetes Health Plan Hotline - Call 667.7777 to gain easier access to the department or professional you need!
For more information about the DHP Hotline and individual department extensions, click here.
Important Diabetes Health Plan Updates for 2014:
Although NHRMC is partnering with BlueCross BlueShield in 2014, we will continue offering the Diabetes Health Plan and its rich benefits to eligible employees and dependents. Important documents for 2014 are listed below.
DHP Benefits Summary for 2014: Click here - The primary plan change in 2014 is the mandatory mail order process for maintenance prescriptions. All other great benefits will still be offered!
DHP Action Items for 2014: Click here - Exciting new class content has been added to the schedule for 2014. In addition, the action item requirements have been modified slightly for those enrolled in the Diabetes Health Plan for 2014.
DHP Action Item Completion Form: Click here - Submit an Action Item Completion Form to verify that you have fulfilled your action item requirements for 2013 or 2014. Return your completed form to the Diabetes Health Plan Administrator, Katherine Bunting, for processing.
DHP Enrollment Eligibility Form: Click here - This form can be used to enroll eligible dependents with a diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes into the Diabetes Health Plan. Return this form to Katherine Bunting, Diabetes Health Plan Administrator, for processing.
Click here to view the 2014 DHP Drug List. Please note this list is subject to change.
Click here to learn more about pharmacy mail order through BlueCross BlueShield and Prime. Effective January 1st, 2014, all maintenance prescriptions must be filled through mandatory mail order. However, this process will not interefere with our ability to offer our approved list of DHP medications at $0 co-pay. For instructions on registering for BCBSNC and PrimeMail, click here.
Click here to view a list of FAQs about Prime Therapeutics.
Click here to view the full 2014 DHP Class Schedule!
Not sure of your opt out deadline? Have other questions about the DHP? Call the Diabetes Health Plan Administrator, Katherine Bunting, at 667.5959 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Diabetes Health Plan
Diabetes is a major health problem facing Americans today. Anyone can get diabetes, and it can often lead to serious health complications. Knowing if you have pre-diabetes or diabetes, and being aware of the risk factors is a step in the right direction.
NHRMC's Diabetes Health Plan is designed for employees and their family members who have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes, and are enrolled in one of NHRMC's medical plans, to help manage their conditions while saving money.
Active, benefit eligible members of the 2013 Diabetes Health Plan (DHP) will be automatically enrolled in the DHP for the 2014 benefits year, independent of HbA1c results. This includes current members of the plan who are employees or dependents. All enrolled members will be given the option to opt out within the first 30 days following individual enrollment date.
If you or any of your covered dependents are electing medical plan coverage for the first time, have a diagnosis of pre-diabetes or diabetes and would like to participate in the value-based Diabetes Health Plan, you will need to submit a DHP Enrollment Eligibility Form. Please see the list of important documents above to download the form. Return the completed form to our Diabetes Health Plan Administrator for processing.
Managing an ongoing health condition can be challenging. Your health actions will guide your way to better health. To stay in the Diabetes Health Plan, you will need to follow the required health actions, like those shown below.
(1) Two Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) per year: Includes Lipid panel (Cholesterol), HbA1c, fasting glucose and kidney function tests.
*Explanation of DHP Lab Work Requirements: Click here - This handout details when, where and how to complete the HRA action item requirements.
*Understanding Your HRA Results: Click here - This handout will help you understand your HRA results and allow you to set individual goals over the upcoming year. If you have questions about your results, contact Employee Health & Clinic at 667.7445.
(2) Professional services: Regular primary care visits to include a foot exam and retinal eye exam.
(3) Individual appointments with a Dietitian or Pharmacist: Depending on HbA1c at the time of the initial Health Risk Assessment (HRA), Diabetic members of the DHP will be required to see a Dietitian and/or Pharmacist quarterly or monthly. To schedule an appointment, contact Dee at 667.5183.
(4) DHP Program Classes: Participants will be required to attend diabetes educational sessions. See the 2013 and 2014 Diabetes Program Class web pages for more details.
Diabetes Health Plan Benefits
In exchange for meeting your health action requirements, you will receive these benefits:
- $0 co-pay for diabetes or pre-diabetes related visits to your primary care provider and specialist
- $0 co-pay for selected diabetes-related medications and supplies
- Wellness programs to help you manage your condition
- Access to educational resources and diabetes-related research on the DHP website
- Reminders for essential screenings and exams
- Support from a team of professionals at NHRMC and UHC (NHRMC and BlueCross BlueShield beginning January 1st, 2014)