Labor and Delivery
For expectant mothers in active labor where delivery - either vaginal or scheduled c-section - may only be hours away.
Joy. Elation. Delight.
They're often the first words that come to mind when describing the birth of a child. But many others are equally as important: Technically advanced. Highly skilled. Family-centered.
At the Betty H. Cameron Women's and Children's Hospital on the campus of New Hanover Regional Medical Center, we live all of these words every day - they're who we are and what we're made of. That's why the Betty H. Cameron Women's and Children's Hospital, which opened in summer 2008, is the region's most trusted provider of birthing care services, treatments and technologies. They include:
- 14 large, all private Labor/Delivery/Recovery rooms
- 3 C-section operating rooms
- Hydrotherapy (portable labor tubs and multi-head spa showers)
- In-room family space with comfortable chairs and a sleeper sofa
- Family kitchen and living room as well as washer/dryer
- 24-hour, in-house physician coverage
With more than 4,000 deliveries a year, the Betty H. Cameron Women's and Children's Hospital is ready, prepared and well-equipped to serve you and your family whatever your birthing care needs.