The Neonatal Family Advisory Council uses several guiding principles to support our mission.
- To support diverse families with different needs
- To improve family sense of belonging
- To encourage understanding of what it feels like "to walk in those shoes"
- To promote family as a part of the healthcare team and encourage bonding between family and baby
- To recognize that it is the family's baby and the healthcare providers are the visitors
- To improve parent's positive experience with touchpoints through their NICU journey
- To encourage families to bond and build relationships with other families who have a child in NICU
- To promote family-centered care through education and support of staff